Covid 19 Information and Resources
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT)
Dear Parent or Guardian,
The deadline to apply for P-EBT food benefits has been extended to July 31. Please review the criteria to see if your family is eligible and needs to apply for benefits. Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) is a one-time benefit for eligible families to buy food. Immigration status does not matter when applying for P-EBT. The public charge rule does not apply to P-EBT benefits.
P-EBT is for children 5-18 years old who received SNAP food benefits for the month of March 2020. P-EBT is also for children up to 21 years old who are certified for free or reduced-price meals through the National School Lunch Program at school during the 2019-20 school year. Children that attend a school that offers free meals to all students (Community Eligibility Provision or Provision 2) are also eligible.
Do you need to apply?
Eligible families that DID NOT get SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020
· You will need to apply to receive P-EBT benefits.
· It is important to put a valid phone number on the application because Texas Health and Human Services staff may need to call to approve the application.
· The application is open until July 31, 2020.
· If you do not currently get SNAP benefits and your child is approved for P-EBT, you will be mailed a P-EBT card loaded with benefits.
Eligible families that DID get SNAP benefits for the month of March 2020
· You do not need to apply for children ages 5-18. Benefits were loaded onto your existing SNAP card by May 22.
· If you have eligible children under 5 and/or between the ages of 19 and 21, you will need to fill out an application for those children. These children must have been approved for free or reduced-price school meals or attend a school that offered free meals to all students through the National School Lunch Program. Fill out an application here: https://yourtexasbenefits.com/Learn/PEBT(the URL is case-sensitive)
· If you get SNAP benefits and your child under 5 and/or between the ages of 19 and 21 is approved for P-EBT, funds will be added to your current Lone Star Card.
P-EBT is a one-time benefit for families issued through an EBT card (like a debit card). Families receive up to $285 per eligible child. You will have one year from the date the benefits were issued to use your P-EBT benefits. P-EBT benefits are non-transferrable.
For more information, please visit http://hhs.texas.gov/pebt. For questions regarding eligibility or if you need help applying, contact the P-EBT Call Center at 833-613-6220 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
We all play a role in reducing the likelihood of a coronavirus outbreak in our school district community. We encourage everyone to practice good habits, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid coughing or sneezing into your hands or in the air. Cover your mouth/nose with the inside of your elbow when you cough/sneeze.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home! This will help reduce the risk of infecting others.
Please reference the attached information provided by the CDC and TDSHS, as well as the following video:
Texas Education Agency (COVID-19)
Texas Department of State Health Services Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) information: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html